Updated: Apr 6, 2019
Ever wonder how Mandy always look stylish when she is supposed to be busier than you with three kids, full time job and a house to look after.
“She does something differently”. I hear you say.
Well after reading this post you would know all her secrets that she uses to look so put together all the time. I don’t repeat gossip so listen carefully.
1. Hair: No, I am not talking about the fancy updo she did on Wendy’s wedding. She might have got it done from Sandy. I am talking about the everyday hairstyle or haircut. Keeping your hair clean, well-conditioned and trimmed makes you look years younger and put-together. Like every other appointment or check-up or event enter the hair stylist appointments in your calendar so that you can keep your hair in tip top shape.
2. Well nourished skin: keep your skin hydrated and moisturised. Use tinted moisturiser to even out the skin imperfections.
3. Ironed Clothes: There is nothing worse than wearing a creased dress. After washing don’t take the hassle to fold your clothes. Iron them and hang them in the closet or iron them the night before you are supposed to wear them. Already ironed clothes can save you tone of time and headache when getting ready.
4. Nails: Self care and grooming should be a part of our routine. No matter how hard you try you can’t hide foul smell and dirty nails. If you can’t afford or don’t like visit to the nail salon every month invest in classy nude and burgundy shades and DIY it. Buy the best quality you could afford so that it doesn’t chip the moment you wash the dishes after dinner.
5. Shoes: To look instantly stylish and put together all you need is well fitted and clean shoes. Wear them according to the season. Keep at least one pair of statement shoes for every season so that when you haven’t got time to put thought in the outfit you can grab the shoes that effortlessly make you feel million bucks.
6. Structured bag: Yes, not any slouchy, full of metal ornaments bag. A bag that is well structured has the power to stand and make a statement on its own so that you don’t have to do it.
7. Fabric: I can’t stress enough. Buy the best quality you can afford. That’s where a personal stylist comes handy. Use their expertise to get to know the market: to get empowered with the knowledge of where, how when and what to buy. Don’t buy too much too cheap. That’s what creates the chaos in the closet. A sea of clothes and not a drop to wear. lol
8. Glasses: Or shades. Whatever you prefer it is an instant way of glamourizing the look. Ever wonder why celebrities wear glasses whenever they go out or in their streetstyle look. The shades basically widen the effect of eyes on the face in the camera. Similar affect you get from accented eye makeup. So, when paparazzi take pictures celebrities are all set for them even in their streetstyle attire.
9. Belt: A simple belt on the jeans can instantly uplift the posture and outfit to look it more chic and stylish. A belt in a statement colour or design looks powerful and Thoughtful.
10. Accessories: Depending on the occasion you are going to choose either necklace, earrings or a bracelet. If it suits your face shape wear statement earrings for that instant wow factor.
11. Scarf: Tie a scarf either around your neck or knot it around your wrist or bag. It will instantly elevate your style. Try to go with a bold colour and beautiful print.
12. Hat: A simple baseball cap or a summer hat can keep you safe from the sun and add an extra layer of colour and texture to the outfit.
13. Posture: Always keep your posture high up. A bad posture can ruin a look even if it was a personal stylist who got you ready for the day. Stand in front of the mirror and without consciously making an effort see if you keep your spine straight and chin up when standing. Try some poses to stand in front of the mirror. See whats your comfortable pose.
14. Confidence: Everything is useless if you don’t believe in yourself. You know how to wear it. Help yourself rise through your style.
I hope you got some style nuggets from this talk. Now how many you already use or you would like to use let me know in the comments section below. If you enjoyed it don’t forget to like or share on social media. Pin it if you can. It means a lot to me.